1. Keep your bicycle in good mechanical condition (tires, chain, brakes).
2. Obey all traffic rules and signs -- always give proper hand signals.
3. Walk your bike across busy intersections
4. Always ride with the traffic - as close as possible to the right side of the road.
5. Be sure the roadway is clear before entering.
6. Always ride single file and watch for opening car doors.
7. Most bicycles are built to carry one person -- YOU! And you alone.
8. If you must ride your bike at night be sure your headlight and reflectors are in good condition.
9. Select the safest route to your destination and use it. Avoid busy streets and intersections.
10. Yield right of way to pedestrians.
11. Always wear a bicycle helmet.